Thursday 13 March 2014

Livdragonregementet

So my first unit will be 2 squadrons of Livdragons (Life Dragoons?). This mainly because these are the figures I had lying about the place when I decided to make a start on this project. I only have enough for a squadron and a half at the moment, so I'm going to hold off on the basing till I get the last three figure finished. I used the oil wipe method on the horses, which is good for producing large amounts of horseflesh quickly. I'm not going overboard with shading the uniforms as I've found picking out things like the straps and faces tends to bring the figures to life in half the time. I'll post more pics once they're based up.


7 comments:

  1. Really great looking troops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant looking unit Bill.

    Love the manner in which you are finding the old 'Musketeer Miniatures' spirit re-emerging mate.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've a new found enthusiasm for it all.

      Delete
  3. It's all looking great so far Bill! If I ever do this period your miniatures will be my first stop for it!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I must admit now I'm actually painting the period it proves even more inspirational while sculpting it. And the more I read up on the period the more interesting it gets :)

      Delete
  4. The unit looks very good. An interesting period, too.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete